Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What do they hope for?


May 23, 2005
The beautiful weather has me in a great mood. We went to a ceremony for a family we know and love at a Unitarian church yesterday. It was great to be there for them. It seemed odd to me that God wasn't mentioned.  They spoke of love and positive thoughts and energy toward humankind. These are great things but what do they hope for? What do they have faith in? Faith in human goodness I suppose. But then what happens after this life? What happened before?

2 Corinthians 5:9
"Wherefore we labor, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him."

The purpose and hope of our labor is to be accepted of Him eternally.  I am so grateful to know that I am a daughter of loving Heavenly parents and always have been and always will be.  Their purpose is to help me become like them.

I can achieve that purpose through Repentance, faith in Christ, making and keeping covenants at Baptism and in the temple, and receiving saving ordinances.

This journey won't stop with death. I can be with those I love forever. And the flesh is overcome through Christ and the resurrection. It is a glorious plan! My testimony of it is priceless.

I love Ryan and my boys. My heart is full to think that, eventually, I'll never have to be without him/ them. I get a wonderful eternal companion. It is a feel good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment