Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Endure it well

May 26, 2005




I took the boys to the park today.  Jordan was an angel until he got hungry. We took off when the 2nd bus load of kids arrived. Tanner wanted to be carried so I hauled him, the baby in his car seat, a diaper bag, picnic blanket and garbage sac to the suburban. I'm grateful my body can do that.

Ryan gave me a Priesthood blessing this morning. I was told to let go of the less important things (phone calls, home improvement, etc). I was reassured that I won't always be tired. I need to have these experiences to have compassion. The Lord hears my prayers, he aches for me and I will be blessed for my faithfulness. I'm so grateful Ryan is a worthy priesthood holder. I'm grateful I live now when the priesthood is on the earth.

2 Corinthians 6:4
"But in all things approving ourselves as the misters of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distress . . ."

When I am down or grumpy I'm learning to patiently endure. Life comes in waves and this too shall pass. Anxiety and fear make it worse. If there's something I can do to help then do it. If not then just wait faithfully. Sometimes I just need the experience.

2 Corinthians 6:6
". . .by pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned"

These are the virtues that help me endure it well rather than just survive.

October 2011

I read this now and remember how much more overwhelming everything seemed when I was getting up at night with a baby as well as caring for multiple children during the day. It is obvious the scriptures and an inspired husband were giving me just what I needed  to patiently wait it out.  I especially like the first picture because you can see the debris on the floor around the kids.  It's okay to let some of it go for the giggling moments!

I also included a picture of a snack plate.  It was another way to simplify dishes and daytime eating to just put a bunch of snacks on one plate, put it on the floor (like a dog dish) and yell "snack time!"  They would swarm and devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment