Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rest will come


May 19, 2005
My 3rd boy turned 3 months old this week. I'm finally having a few days where I feel some energy--feel more like myself. Yet my body feels so big. I'm so tired. Both Tanner and Jordan are crying and need to sleep. I can barely move my body to go get them.

2 Corinthians 5:4
"For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened . . ."

But we have the hope of immortality and eternal life. I'm here to learn through repentance and faithfulness. Keep trying: get up when I'm tired with a hope in Christ. Father has promised to help me raise my kids, take care of my body, love my neighbors, support my husband. I need to take more steps into the dark. Life WILL bring moments of rest.

October 18, 2011

I read this seven years later on a morning I was able to do yoga, listen to relaxing music and enjoy a green smoothie. My four boys are almost all in school now. The moments of rest and great joy do and have come. I look back feeling grateful for the reassurance that scripture offered me on that day. yes--I made great sacrifices to bring these children to earth and it is all so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment